Written by: Garryn
Date: Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013
Addressed to: Everyone
We have made several changes to our achievement system, details as follows:
- Experience bonuses are no longer activated immediately upon completing the achievement; instead, you now have access to ACHIEVEMENT BONUS LIST and ACHIEVEMENT BONUS ACTIVATE <duration>, which allows you to activate the experience bonus of your choice
- Experience bonuses from achievements can no longer be stacked - you cannot activate an experience bonus if you already have another achievement one active
- All experience bonuses are double experience now; rather than varying in strength, the bonuses now vary in duration, offering from 3 hours to 24 hours of double experience.
- If you currently have an ongoing experience bonus, it remains unaffected, but you won't be able to activate further ones until the running ones complete
- The instant experience reward has been removed from achievements, and has been replaced with double experience ones
- The commands CHECKMYORG, CHECKMYLEVEL, and CHECKMYSKILLS have been removed - instead, the related achievements are now automatically checked on each login
These changes should ensure that completing an achievement when not expected can never cause the reward to be wasted, as well as reduce the previously somewhat extreme stacking possibilities.
More achievement-related changes are coming soon, focused on replacing the now-defunct shrine and order related ones with more up-to-date achievements.
Penned by my hand on the 15th of Fas, in the year 9 AM.