10.4.8 THE MINISTRY OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS
The Ministry of Cultural Affairs is responsible for holding events within the city, and generally keeping the morale of the citizens high. Those holding this office are encouraged to come up with innovative, fun events for citizens. If they are successful, we may support them with custom code.
Aside from unsupported events, this Ministry is responsible for any Arenas that the city owns.
The commands associated with the Ministry of Cultural Affairs are as follows.
Note: These commands will only work on an Arena owned by your city.
ARENA SHOW <arena>
- Let's you see information about an Arena. For instance: ARENA SHOW CAANAE would show Caanae's Arena, assuming it had one.
- See the end of this help file for an example SHOW.
ARENA SET <arena> FULLNAME <name of Arena>
- This lets you rename your Arena's full name. This does not affect the name that is used for these commands, but the long name, e.g. The Aryana Arena.
ARENA SET <arena> FEE <fee> [optional: PER LEVEL]
- With this, you set the fee that your Arena will charge people. If you do not include the words 'per level' at the end, the fee you set will be a flat fee that will apply equally to everybody. If you include 'per level' then the fee you have will be multiplied by the player's level. You will end up netting 1/3 of the total fees the players pay, as the winner gets 2/3 of the fees paid, at least in the case of Duels.
ARENA SETUP <arena> ALLOW <organization / player>
- By default, your Arena will be able to be used by anyone in the case of the various events. Doing this will limit the next event to whichever organizations (cities, orders, clans, guilds) you specify. You may also specify individuals. You can allow as many organizations and individuals as you like.
ARENA SETUP <arena> DISALLOW <organization / player>
- If you've already set someone or some organization as allowed, this will reverse it.
ARENA SETUP <arena> MAXLEVEL <maximum level>
- Only those whose level is equal to or under the maximum level will be able to participate in the next event.
ARENA SETUP <arena> MINLEVEL <minimum level>
- Only those whose level is equal to or greater than the minimum level will be able to participate in the next event.
ARENA SETUP <arena> TEAMS <count>
- How many teams, from 2 to 4, are participating in a team event.
ARENA SETUP <arena> TEAMASSIGN <ON/OFF>
- If enabled, the arena will automatically assign players into teams.
- If disabled, players can pick a team when entering a team event.
ARENA SETUP <arena> HILLCOUNT <1-5>
- How many hills there will be in play for the King-of-the-Hill game.
ARENA RESET <arena>
- Resets an arena. Kicks everybody in it out and clears off any event.
ARENA WITHDRAW <arena> <amount>
- Withdraw gold from an Arena.
ARENA DEPOSIT <arena> <amount>
- Deposit gold in the operating account of an Arena.
INIT <event> <arena>
- Initializes an event in an Arena. You will want to do any SETUP commands on the Arena first. Example: INIT FREEFORALL CAANAE. All players who can participate in the event will see a message offering them the chance to join.
- Possible events are, providing your Arena is equipped with them: freeforall, freezetag, baitgame, foxandhound, bloodbath, deathball, manhunt, teamffa, warzone, overrun, souldrain, and koth
- The price to add a game to your arena is currently set at 2,000,0000 gold.
- Overrun and Warzone both cost 5,000,0000 gold.
- To purchase another event for your arena create an ORGREQUEST or speak with an Entity. <HELP ORGREQUEST/HELP ENTITIES>
- The fee to host a game is currently 3,000 gold. (3k)
START <event> <arena>
- Begins an event. Example START BAITGAME CAANAE.
END <event> <arena>
- Prematurely end an event. This is marginally better to use than ARENA RESET if an event is already started.
ARENALOG <arena> <line to start at>
- See what has recently been done with an arena
Below is an example of what ARENA SHOW displays, and what each field in it indicates.
Name: caanae Basename: arena
Fullname: the Aryanna Arena
Staging: ARENA_STAGE Spectator: SPECTATOR
Gold: 113733 Owner: none
Lifetime: 32458 Fee: 5 (per level)
Total Events Held:
Duels: 16 FFAs: 0 Freezes: 0 Baits: 0
Events and Mods:
Duel FFA Freezetag Baitgame
Max level: 85 Min level: 40
- Indicates what name you have to refer to the Arena by.
- Not relevant for mortals.
- The proper name of the Arena.
- The god names for the rooms that are the Staging and Spectator for the Arena. Not very useful for a mortal but there for the sake of completeness.
- The amount of gold currently in the Arena's account.
- The owner of the Arena.
- Lifetime earnings from that Arena.
- The fee to use the Arena. It will specify whether it is a per level fee or a flat fee.
Total Events Held
- Keeps track of the total number of events of each type that have been held in that Arena.
Events and Mods (Modifications):
- What events that Arena is able to run, and what modifications, if any, it possesses.
- The current event.
- Various properties particular to that event.
- The players currently in that event.